When I moved to Winscombe 2 years ago, I wanted to be actively involved in the community, so my interest and motivation in education led me to become a community governor for Winscombe Primary School. I have spent the last 5 years working in education as an Enterprise and Careers manager due to my passion for inspiring young people. I spend a lot of my spare time engaging employers into primary schools by running Enterprise workshops. Originally I was part of the working party for the Strawberry Line Federation, PR community and curriculum I now reside on the PR and policy committee.
How do I impact our schools?
- I use my skills in Enterprise Education to run and deliver workshops with teaching staff where appropriate across the federation. I have worked with the LSA to assist with an activity programme for the able, gifted and talented students.
- One of my strengths is engaging employers with education. I have secured sponsorship for various events and linked employers into the curriculum. This is an ongoing agenda throughout the federation as we are always looking to explore and grow these links.
- As part of the working party I learnt a great deal about Federated schools. I am 100% committed to the success of the federation and feel that I continually challenge and explore strategies and agendas that works towards the strengths and the structure of a federation which benefits both the schools.
- I have a lot of experience in business organisation. I have a keen involvement in the business organisation of the federation.
- I am involved in a lot of school activities. Being involved in a large range of events enables me to communicate and interact with the staff, students and parents on a frequent basis. When, as governorrs, we are working on strategic planning, this involvement gives me a better understanding of the school and its stakeholders.